PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.04.2014

A few delicious Lotus Biscoff Spread ideas

We have a new family favourite in our house!
The Lotus Biscoff spread.
Having grown up in Belgium I have always been very familiar with the little red biscuits.
For as long as I can remember we've always had them in the house, they usually came out at breakfast time (my dad loved to have them in between his sandwiches), at snack time (what child doesn't love these biscuits) and when we had family over they always made an appearance on the table.
Coffee and a Lotus biscuit are a must!
You can only imagine how excited I was when I found out Lotus had created a spread!
The spread is available in both smooth and crunchy varieties and we tried out the crunchy variety.
Holey Moley it is amazing!
It's like a biscuit in a jar.
I have caught myself a couple of times just eating it with a spoon from the jar, and the kids and husband were more than happy to do this as well.
This spread is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. The smooth version can even be incorporated into dips, frostings and cakes!
Here are some ideas on how we used our crunchy spread.

On toast

I have been loving my breakfast these days. Cup of coffee, warm toast with Biscoff spread...yummy!

 Milkshake

These are SO good! We blended together some vanilla ice cream, milk, a banana and two spoons of Biscoff spread. The result was a delicious milkshake that the kids loved and have been asking for again and again. 

 Lunchbox sandwiches

With school starting again and having one fussy eater my lunchbox dilemma's are now sorted.
Emily will happily munch her crunchy spread sandwiches and I no longer have to pull out my hair trying to figure out what to put on her sandwiches.

Spread on a cracker for a delicious mid morning snack

The kids love this snack and we found out it goes really well with chocolate spread, so most of the time they ended up sandwiching both crackers together. I loved adding some apple to my Biscoff  cracker for even more crunch, yummy.

Lotus Biscoff caramelised spread is the perfect alternative to peanut butter and chocolate spread. It has NO added flavours, colours or hydrogenated fats and it is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

We were kindly send our Biscoff spread for reviewing purposes and all  thoughts and opinions are our own.

Photobucket

No comments: