PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.20.2014

Sweet potato bake recipe



I love a good oven bake. Partly because they are so easy to make, I mean you just throw everything into ONE dish (less dishes to wash people!), and partly because they always end up tasting scrummy.
Yesterday I walked into the kitchen, recipe in mind, and when I went to get the potatoes there were only two teenie tiny ones left. Just like that I had to reinvent what I was going to make for dinner.
Sweet potato to the rescue!.
I don't know what it's like in your house but we love sweet potatoes, so this dish came together very effortlessly and was eaten very gratefully.


My ingredients were:

1 large sweet potato
3 carrots
1 green pepper and 1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
Olive oil (enough to coat all the veggies)
1 tbsp garlic salt
1tsp Herbs de Provence  

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
Cut all the vegetables in large chunks and add to oven dish
Coat with olive oil
sprinkle on garlic salt and herbs
stir together
bake in oven for about 30 minutes


I served our sweet potato bake with sweet chili chicken skewers and it was delicious!
Definitely making this again.

Photobucket

No comments: