PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.18.2014

Our summer schedule

I can't believe we are 3 weeks into the summer holidays already!
They seem to be flying by this year. Before we know it the kids will be back in school, which reminds me that I really need to start getting organised and start ordering uniform bits and bobs, buy new school shoes, book bags and lunchboxes!
Phew, a lot to do still.
We have really enjoyed our holidays so far, even if the weather has been a bit unpredictable.
At the start of summer I came up with a summer schedule as I didn't want the kids to be stuck behind the computer, X-box or TV all day. I tell you they would happily do so if I'd let them!
I've noticed that my kiddies seem to thrive better when there is a bit of routine and structure to their day and they are quite happy to follow the schedule. One of their first worries was of course if they would still have time to play their beloved electronics games and there was a big sigh of relief when they found out they could!
They also know that the schedule is not something we absolutely have to stick to each day, or even each hour. As we all know life happens and we can't predict what each day will bring. We also don't use it over the weekend as we are usually quite busy and meet up with family.
So far this schedule has definitely helped our days go by smoothly!
We've had lots of fun playing games, I've had  some help around the house and work for school is being done (yes, the kids were given homework over the summer).
Biggest hit on this schedule is the Friday movie night and it's definitely something we'll keep going long after the kids have gone back to school. 


How has your summer been going so far, do you do something similar at your house?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Evelien said...

Such a good idea! Definitely something I would do when my kid(s) are bigger, I love schedules.
And Friday movie night? Yes please!!
By the way, if you'd like to visit when you're in Belgium, just leave me a message :-)