PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.20.2012

I plan to have a great summer!


Today is the last day of school here in England.
When they go back in September I'll have a child in year 4 and one in year 1.
Eeeek,why do they have to grow up so fast!
Until then though we have six weeks of summer holidays.
Six weeks.
I don't know if I am excited or scared.
You see last summer I had all my friends nearby and we all met up
about every other day so our kiddies could play and we had a fantastic summer.
This year we moved and my friends are a bit too far away to do
those meet ups.
I haven't really met any any other mums yet.
Making new friends is HARD.
Nevertheless I do want to have a good summer and not hear
 "what can we do, I'm booooooored" every five minutes.

I would love to do something arty crafty and have fun each day
 so for the past couple of days I've been
looking for some good ideas of what we can make / do.
Last year we made masks


This is something we are definitely doing again this year, They not only loved decorating
their masks but they also had some good imaginative play after.

Another hit last year was making puffy paint pictures
We'll make some more of these masterpieces this summer.

A few other things I want to do with them this summer are

Make paper plate sun catchers
Make ice cream cloud dough
Do some scratch art
Make salt dough necklaces
Make some kites
Do some egg carton painting
Make salty watercolour paintings
Make kool aid play dough
Make home made bubbles
Paint with water
Paint rocks
Make cress head people
Make collages
Decorate water bottles
Make cardboard houses for the Lego people / little ponies
Make summer journals and write in them every day
Make jewellery
Make and decorate a trinket box

Make waffles
Make and decorate cupcakes
Make home made ice cream and ice lollies
Bake cookies
Make loads of smoothies
Make lemonade
Bake a cake and have a party for no reason
Make a summer play list and play the songs every day
Learn a dance routine to a favourite song

Go on a nature scavenger hunt
Go Geocaching

Go for picnics
Go to the zoo
Go on an ABC photo walk
Let the kids play in a stream


Go fossil hunting
Go to the play park
Have water balloon fights
Go to the beach
Make sandcastles

And if mother nature decides to give us some sun
Have the pool up in the garden!

Phew, looks like we ARE going to be busy.
Well I am ready for it.
Bring it on!

Have a great summer my friends!.

Linking up


Photobucket

8 comments:

Nekky said...

I'll definitely borrow your ideas for summer holidays. We always go fishing though but your crafts are easy and fun. Thanks for linking up at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Following you.

momto8blog said...

you are busy!! when my kids were little, we went to the pool everyday. the kids would play and swim and the moms would read and talk. it was perfect!!!
I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
enjoy your summer!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a new reader! The first photograph is so beautiful!

Joyful said...

Well it certainly looks like you've got a jam packed summer for the kids. I can't imagine them saying they are bored. Have fun!

Toia said...

Great ideas for the summer. It sounds like your children are going to have a blast this summer!! Enjoy!! =D

Carole said...

Hi, I enjoyed the post you linked in to Claire Justine. I have linked in a post about some rhubarb and banana jam I just made. Have a super week.

Simply Sweet Sunday said...

Hi Daisy!
Thanks for stopping by Simply Sweet Sunday.
Sounds like you have lots of great things planned for the summer - enjoy!
Returning the follow!
xo,
Katherine

Shawn said...

Hello. Just wanted to stop by to let you know that I've chosen you for the Liebster Blog Award.

You can read the post at: http://www.thedivvyspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html