PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.10.2012

Cake pops anyone?


Today I decided to make some cake pops.
I've seen these little yummies pop up on several blogs now...
about time they made an appearance on mine!
I found the recipe on Erika's blog

Oreo and mascarpone cake pops (oh yesssss!!!)

Three packets of Oreos (154g each)
250g  Mascarpone cheese
White chocolate
Lollipop sticks
Sprinkles

Step 1. Blend the Oreo cookies in a food processor until
all crumbled and fine.
It helps if you have a cute assistant helping you out.


Step 2. Add the mascarpone cheese


Step 3. Blend it all together, not easy at first and it took me a good five
minutes and a lot of muscle power to get it to the right consistency.
You should end up with something that looks like dirt from the garden.


Step 4. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet, then place in the freezer
for about 15 minutes.


Step 5. Melt the chocolate and dip the end of the lollipop sticks into this.
Then insert them into the cake balls. Place back in the freezer
for about five minutes, allowing the chocolate to harden.


Step 6. Coat the cake pops in chocolate and add sprinkles, leave to dry.
Make sure you buy enough chocolate, I didn't and have two cake pops
who are feeling very sorry for them selves.
Also, unless you are super handy and know what you are doing, prepare
for this stage to be slightly messy!


Step 7. Eat and enjoy, they are heaven on a stick!




Linking up!



Have a delicious Tuesday everyone
xxx

6 comments:

Amy said...

OMG these look AMAZING! Making my mouth water right now! Hope you're having a wonderful day :)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Yours turned out looking so yummy! I've been wanting to try my hand at making some, I'm afraid that I'll make them all dorky, or eat them in one sitting... :) I might have to follow your lead and just do it! :)


RTT Rebel Badges, Easter Spoilage, Bear Basket Transformation, Regal Dentist Dude

Susan Evans said...

Those look absolutely delicious! Yum.

Impulsive Addict said...

I am seriously drooling! OMG! Those sounds and look amazing! Could you send me some next time? I mean, we're friends, right? And friends send other friends sweet treats even tho they're trying to diet, right?

Thanks for linking up!!

Shawn said...

We love making cake pops here but I stick with red velvet, that recipe looks amazing!

Thanks for linking up and for making me want cake!

Witha said...

Yummy!!!! Thank you for the recipe

Witha